by: Seth Garrison
We work to master 12 primary life attributes in our experience as humans. With each lifetime we choose 1 primary life lesson to work with and continue to work on it in consecutive lifetimes until we achieve “mastery” of that single attribute.
As you read the list of lessons you may recognize one or more of the attributes. These are life lessons that you have already mastered in this or previous lifetimes. There will be a blind spot in recognizing your present primary lesson. This is where an Overlight facilitator can help identify your primary life lesson. All these lessons may present themselves to you in this lifetime but it is usually one that will have the most effect on your behaviors. It’s like a student choosing a major to focus on but will also study other subjects.
1. Acceptance; Self-esteem, most often taken in female form but not restricted to it. Also described as self-sabotage, whereby a person will “do everything right but it still does not seem to work”.
2. Adaptation; This is the ability to adjust to change. This lesson makes people do everything possible to keep everything in their life on an even keel. They believe in order to succeed they need to keep everything from changing. They often have a hard time making any decision at all that would involve change. It doesn’t always appear to be a problem in their lives until they are faced with drastic change that they realize they are unprepared for it.
3. Be-ing; In this lesson people believe they are not whole and have the need to be constantly adding something to become whole. This can be food, relationships, alcohol or drugs. It can be an obsession of any kind, and it can easily turn into addiction and often does.
4. Charity; Charity is walking in the constant knowledge of the connection to all things in all actions. It has been construed to mean giving, but charity is not the art of giving alone. Charity is in honoring the connection you have to all people in actions. When your actions honor all people you are the one who rises. A person working with the life lesson of charity has a blind spot when it comes to paying attention to the needs of other people. They may appear selfish or simply not caring.
5. Communication; From the heart. This lesson is more popular with males. Speaking their feelings and letting their needs be known honestly is very difficult. They may be prone to reverting to silence when they are tired or stressed. This lesson makes success in relationships very difficult.
6. Creation; Expressing Power. Working to master this lesson the person cannot see their own creations or their ability to create. A belief in lack and sometimes perfectionism often provide the perfect excuse for a person to not create for themselves. Mostly taken in female form in our society, where the male has traditionally been the most supported to create. Add to this a lack of self-confidence and you have wives who often hide their creations from their mates or create through their spouses giving the illusion that it is the spouse who is the creator. If this relationship ends the husband’s success often seems to fail without cause. Understanding the power one has to create is the key to mastery of this lesson.
7. Definition; Expressing infidelity through boundaries. This is a very popular lesson for females. They carry emotional empathy. They tap into other’s emotions, thought patterns and energy so easily that they often do not realize that it is not their own energy they are feeling. Their challenge in this lesson is to keep that energy from back feeding and draining them. Boundaries are the key factor in this life lesson.
8. Integrity; Walking in harmony with yourself. The four lines of integrity are what you speak, how you act, what you think, what you believe. If one or more of these lines don’t match the others, the vibration sent out becomes blurred and unclear. When a blurred signal is sent out a blurred result is returned in all the experiences of this person’s life.
9. Love; Love of self. People experiencing this lesson can often appear to give love to everyone and everything, sometimes only through the fear of being alone. A person working on this life lesson can often get stuck in a cycle of fear. Afraid that if they are left alone there will be no-one to love them. The key to mastery in this lesson is the ability to love one’s self.
10. Trust; Trusting self. This is an easy lesson to understand and a hard one to master. These souls venture into set ups that constantly reinforce that they cannot trust themselves. This lesson is usually set up by a person, maybe mother or father who abuses them, so the individual learns not to trust anyone. It gives them difficulty trusting themselves to take their own power. They don’t trust themselves enough to allow themselves to be vulnerable. Once this life lesson is mastered these people are seen walking through life with an inner sense of direction. They trust themselves enough to not need to know.
11. Truth; Personal Responsibility. People going through this lesson will have difficulty discerning and standing in their own truth. Thus, the tendency will always be to adopt the truth of others as their own. They may see themselves entirely through the eyes of others. They often become incapable of being truly honest with themselves. Outwardly they may tell lies and create excuses, rather than be honest about what is really going on in their life. Once they start taking responsibility for their own reality, then mastery of this life lesson will begin.
12. Grace; Walking in harmony with all things. This is the final step to mastery. This is a lesson that teaches the destination is unimportant. It is the journey and the grace with which you experience this journey that is important. How often do you wake up and say, “I love my life, I can’t wait to see what today holds”? This may sound like simple positive thinking, but it is much more. When you see yourself as a player of the “game” of life and allow yourself to play the game with grace then the mastery of all lessons becomes not only easier but even enjoyable.
Seth Garrison is a certified Overlight Facilitator and creator of the energy healing system called “Back to Perfection”. Overlight is a spiritual psychology that is designed to identify the root source of their dis-ease, be it mental or physical, and create a space for them to feel comfortable enough to heal themselves. For more topics and information visit Seth at http://www.thesourceishere.com